On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:21:32 -0500
"Jon 'maddog' Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Microsoft's path is so much easier.  Just brain-wash everyone to think
> that whatever you do is "standard".  A much easier path.  Even Pope
> Gregory would have agreed on that point.
They followed IBM's lead. The database standards committee decided that
IBM's SQL should be the basis for the standard. At one point, the
committee got so far off IBM's implementation that they did a complete
reset. (Dec's rep was Leslie Klein's husband, Data General's rep
subsequently moved the NH to work at Dec, and Nixdorf's rep -me, also
worked at Dec as a contractor).
--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group