The bottom line is that Linux will install where you put it.
As long as GRUB is installed in the first drive, you could use the
second drive after you resize the Windows D. Or, you could simply use
tell fedora to use the same partitions you used for OpenSuSE. I have
found that the Fedora disk management software is a bit less intuitive
than the SuSE, but that is also because I am more familiar with YaST.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group