Check out the Dell recycling program. They will pick up any brand of computer or peripheral including monitor at your house for recycling.

Mike Miller
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ecklein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ben Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: [GNHLUG] Re: Hosstraders Dead, but NEARFest Lives!!

We have a parallel problem to this in many small NH towns (including ours,
Rumney). We are nickle-and-dimed at the dump for many things besides CRTs. Since they charge $5 to $10 to dispose of them, it is not uncommon to see a
mattress rotting away in an otherwise beautiful ravine, or an old monitor
leaching out into the groundwater who knows what, as a result. Enforcement
is difficult.

Is there really no way to recycle monitors?  In the sense of reclaiming
enough material to at least pay for the disposal.

Sigh...

Dave E.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>