DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed in the below are the personal opinions of the
author, and do not necessarily represent the views or policy of GNHLUG.

On 5/25/07, Ted Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... I don't think there's anything wrong with a "little" OT ...

  What Ted said.

  I feel it is reasonable to ask posters to exercise self-restraint in
preserving the value of this list.  We will stray, as is human.  (I'm
as guilty as anyone, there.  (Of straying.))  In such cases, a polite,
friendly reminder is appropriate.  We should all respect each other.

  While we don't have a formal topic policy for this list, I do see a
consensus pattern in the meta-topic discussions that have gone on
here.  If I had to codify it:

  (1) FOSS is always on-topic.
  (2) Other topics may be introduced, provided they can reasonably be
seen as being of interest to the membership[1].
  (3) Excessive/repetitive discussion is unwanted.  The more towards
#2 a given topic falls, the quicker "excessive" will be reached.

[1] Intelligent, curious, technically inclined, living or interest in NH

-- Ben

--
DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed in the above are the personal opinions of the
author, and do not necessarily represent the views or policy of GNHLUG, or