This is possibly a silly question.

A family member has given me a small movie that they shot with their
digital camera.  The movie was shot with the camera turned sideways
(it made things fit better).

Now we have this movie that is watchable but only if you turn your
head sideways.

Can anybody recommend FOSS tools that could help me rotate all of the
frames that comprise this movie by 90 degrees?

The movie itself is in Quicktime format.  Here is some info from
"file":

   $ file silly.mov
   silly.mov: Apple QuickTime movie (unoptimized)

Here are the relevant lines that get displayed when mplayer plays
this:

  $ mplayer silly.mov
  MPlayer 1.0pre8-rpm.livna.org-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
  CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (Family: 6, Model: 4, Stepping: 2)
  Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

  Playing silly.mov.
  Quicktime/MOV file format detected.
  VIDEO:  [jpeg]  320x240  24bpp  30.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

Thanks for any advice here.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits