On Nov 12, 2007 7:41 PM, Jim Eden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fairpoint charges $34.95 for 384k/256k (Yeah thats a k ;) ).

Cost is a moot point if Verizon won't get service to your door.  This seems
to be their business plan (have a service and make it unavailable).

There are load coils on my copper line.  So DSL, no matter the cost, is not
an option unless someone at Verizon is willing to make the physical
changes.  Which they don't.  It's been this way since I moved here in 2001,
despite my repeated attempts to give Verizon my business.  Verizon also
doesn't offer FIOS in my town though many of us have asked for it.

I find myself asking why anyone cares if they want to leave since they
refuse to do business with so many of us.

-Mike-