> BT would mean I don't have that pesky wire hanging around.  I could see BT
> headphones being useful instead of wired when I'm doing yardwork, mountain
> biking and motorcycling.

The pair I have works a fair distance away, and has audio pick-ups so
you can use it to answer the phone if you want. Even includes track
forward/backward, pause and answer buttons. Definitely leaves you free
to deal with stuff while working on the call. I was surprised that it
could carry through nearly two rooms of my house. The various bits are
becoming available.

I have read (do not have the citation handy) that there is wireless
VGA available, so the matching eye piece would be quite possible. Then
you could just carry a unit in a messenger bag or backpack and have
access to your system. Voice control is still a work in progress, but
we are getting there.

Given that arrangement, the old desktop paradigm might not even be the
right way to go, but I am sure that the Linux community will be the
first to explore such alternatives.

> I could see it in a remote data center.  The tech in the center has the
> BT/phone while using tools as someone else is talking them though it.

That can be problematic given the background noise, but it would
certainly be nice with some decent noise cancellation technology.