Okay, I'm not a python coder, nor do I really desire to be yet...  I'm
trying to run a system that uses Python pretty heavily, and while it's
starting up, I'm getting an error just before it bombs...

The error is "ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/cPickle.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeRawUnicodeEscape"

I'm running this on Debian Sid, and the python version is 2.4.4 (as
given by python -V)

I've searched for days on google and altavista and all I can find is
some guy who screwed up Yum *sigh*

Can any python-guys/gals point me somewhere where I might find some
more information?  Or perhaps help me with some ideas on writing a
short test script that can help me duplicate/confirm that it's an
error with the debian packaging?

As an aside:  I have tried this with python versions 2.3 and 2.5 (also
installed from debian packages) with the same results.

The server that I'm playing with is a game server for
SubSpace/Continuum called A Simple Subspace Server
(http://asss.yi.org)

Thanks very  much for any advice!!

--
~ *