On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Mark Komarinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  The dryer (at least mine) has different heat settings, which isn't
> reflected in the yellow sticker.

  While I'm not an appliance service tech, from what I've seen of that
sort of thing, multiple heat settings usually means the same heating
element, but with a thermostat.  So instantaneous power draw doesn't
change; it just cuts off at a lower temperature -- and, presumably,
takes longer to run a cycle.  I'm not sure how that works out on the
bottom line.  But I think you raise a good point: While the
instantaneous draw might not vary significantly, how you use an
appliance is likely going to influence the total watt-hours consumed.

-- Ben