-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Abreau
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:57 PM
To: gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org
Subject: Re: YAQ Setting up vncviewer

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Tom Buskey wrote:

> 2008/4/8 Labitt, Bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
[snip]
> Main: unable to connect to host:  No route to host (113)
[snip]
> Is vncserver running on ydl? (I know, but start at the basics)
> Which port is vncserver offering (5901?)

Sure, that should be checked, too, and not assumed; however,

> No route to host (113)

says that iptables is blocking the port, whether anything is listening
on
the port or not. If iptables wasn't blocking it and nothing was
listening,
the error would have been

> Connection refused

IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] /
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

believed to be clean.