On Thursday, Apr 10th 2008 at 13:35 -0000, quoth Ben Scott:

=>On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Steven W. Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
=>> I run a list and all the mail to yahoo is backing up. It seems they now
=>>  have a limit of 5 recipients per envelope.
=>
=>  That violates RFC-821, I'm pretty sure.  I seem to recall it
=>requires implementations support at least 100 recipients.  It seems
=>like <@yahoo.com> is the new <@aol.com> -- don't expect your mail to
=>work if you use it.
=>
=>> Can someone tell me how to
=>>  change my sendmail mc file to fix this?
=>
=>  You could try
=>
=>      define(confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE, 5)
=>
=>but I'm not sure that will do what you want.
=>

No, that would only limit messages which exceed the max number of
recipients that I'd like to receive. Here's the solution for the few who
are dying to know:

Add this to the end of your sendmail.mc

MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Mesmtp_mailer_maxmsgs_5,                P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa,
S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, E=\r\n, L=990,
                m=5, T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP,
                A=TCP $h

Then add this to your mailertable:

yahoo.com       esmtp_mailer_maxmsgs_5:yahoo.com

Then just restart/reload/kill-1 sendmail

and as the French say "Eez beeg fat accomplishmente".

steveo at syslang.net