Seven attendees made it to the July 2008 meeting of the Python Special
Interest Group, despite the heavy rains. Due to some last-minute
conflicts, our planned speaker, Ray Côté, had to take a rain check for a
future meeting, but cookies were made and we resolutely carried on.

There were two first-time attendees, one with a novice level of
knowledge of Python and the second very little. Lead by the PySIG
leader, Bill Sconce, we launched into an improvised session introducing
Python and talking about its power, range and flexibility, comparing it
with other languages, heckling Ben Scott, demonstrating several IDEs,
talking about procedural scripting and object-oriented programming,
showing off some working code, migrating database applications from
proprietary platforms, and much, much more. A good time was had by all.

Great thanks to Janet for a delightful variety of cookies, to Bill for
not only running the meeting and providing the projector but also
bringing the milk, to all for participating, and to the Amoskeag
Business Incubator for providing the fine facilities.

--

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC