On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 04:53:22PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > I borked it pretty hard trying to yum upgrade from fc8->9 yesterday;
> > > some of the packages on a fully up-to-date fc8 system have higher
> > > version numbers than the same packages in the fc9 repositories, which
> > > made things interesting.  At least it is back up and running multi-user
> > > now, I just need to figure out what is causing gdm to crash.  I'm sure
> > > there are some "old" libraries hanging around causing the issue.
> >
> > Oh, yeah, I hit this issue too.  Wasn't TOO hard to deal with manually,
> > but still quite annoying to have to.
>
> Packager error when you encounter that. Shouldn't ever happen, newer
> distro should always have a higher NVR.

In that case, something odd is happening here, because this was literally
hundreds of packages, including the kernel-* packages.  fc8 was on
kernel-2.6.26.5-28, fc9 has kernel-2.6.25-14.  I'm not 100% sure, but I
think some of the problem here is the 'newkeys' repos.  I'm still digging
out from under the mess, but at least I've got X mostly working again.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-