Paul Lussier wrote:
> Also, the Cygwin version of python uses a normal UNIX-style path of
> /usr/bin/python, which makes it simpler to run the same python
> programs on both UNIX and Windows, which is one of my requirements.
>
> If you think going with the native Windows version of python is better
> than the the Cygwin version, I'm good with that.  I just need to
> figure out how to map the C:\Python path to something more UNIXy or,
> change where it gets installed.

For what it's worth, if you just associate .py files with a Python
installation in C:\Python via the standard Windows mechanism for
specifying what application loads a particular extension, it doesn't
matter that the path at the top of the script files is wrong.  After
all, Windows doesn't generally pay any attention to such things anyway.

--
Walter Mundt
em...@spamcop.net