Arc Riley wrote:
> Any new Python-based projects should be Py3 based.  It's self-defeating to
> do anything else.

I'd be concerned about pushing new projects into yet unproven territory.
As great as Python 3 is, there's still lots to be done.
Still a lot of libraries that need to be updated to support 2.x and 3.x.
When you're trying to get work done, of if you're trying to introduce
people to the pleasure that is Python, it doesn't help when you keep
hitting walls because a library you absolutely, positively must have is
not yet ported.

There's lots of excitement about Python 3 and, I think, a fair
groundswell aimed at supporting it.
I feel confident this transition will take place as Python 3 continues
to mature.
However, proposing that everyone should be out at the far head of the
curve is, I think, a good way to sour people on the experience when they
need to get work done today.

--Ray