On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 14:49 -0400, Kenny Lussier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are currently using Nagios for monitoring systems and some network
> gear. However, we have found that it is a little lacking in a few
> areas:
>
> Predictive threshold
> SFlow tracking
> Monitoring several sites from a single data collector.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=dlslug&deepsearch=nagios

The book covers using a central collector.  It discusses thresholds, but
not in a predictive context - though maybe that just means you need
smarter plug-ins.  SFlow does not appear to be covered in the book.

(I just needed an excuse to pull a book off the shelf.  Let me know if
the book is likely to be useful.)

> Does anyone have any experience with network/system monitors that
> combine the functionality of Nagios, Cacti, SFlow, etc.? We are
> looking into products from Solar Winds and ManageEngines right now,
> but I would like to hear from others what they think? I am open to OSS
> and commercial products.

http://www.intermapper.com
is a local product that is worth considering.

> Thanks,
> Kenny

Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp