I can't get KDiff3 to use it's excellent "preprocessor command" which
can eliminate noise -- the type of noise that is easily introduced by
SVN keywords -- when trying to do diffs on source.

For example, this command works as expected on the command line:

cat about.php | /bin/sed
's/\$\(LastChangedRevision\|HeadURL\|LastChangedBy\|LastChangedDate\).*\$/\$\1\$/'

When I plug the same sed command into KDiff3's preference window
(kdiff3 Version 0.9.94 Using KDE 4.2.4 (KDE 4.2.4)), it tells me that
pre-processing has failed and sure enough -  I get tons of false
positives in a directory compare and individual files whose only
difference is some SVN keyword (fully expanded)

e.g.
* @since $LastChangedDate: 2006-06-24 22:03:16 -0400 (Sat, 24 Jun 2006) $

Yes, I can use Meld, but like the song says: <lyrics artist="ZZ Top">I
want my MTV</lyrics>  I want my KDiff3

Greg Rundlett

nbpt 978-225-8302
m. 978-764-4424