Ben Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile)
> <g...@freephile.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I can use Meld, but like the song says: <lyrics artist="ZZ Top">I
> > want my MTV</lyrics>
>
>   I believe the song you are thinking of is "Money For Nothing", by
> the band Dire Straits.  :)

And I believe the phrase in question was actually voiced by Sting :)

But maybe Greg can be forgiven for thinking that it was ZZ Top--
that was presumably due to the ZZ-Top-esque guitar part;
Wikipedia's `Money for Nothing' article says:

    Production

    Knopfler modelled his guitar sound for the recorded track after ZZ
    Top guitarist Billy Gibbons' trademark guitar tone, as ZZ Top's
    music videos were already a staple of early MTV. Gibbons later
    told a Musician magazine interviewer in 1986 that Knopfler had
    solicited Gibbons on how to replicate the tone....

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).