Ed lawson writes:

> Of course hindsight is more perceptive than foresight,

(....but I am responding to nobody in particular)

Remember, there was even some sentiment on *this very list* that it
would be better if Fairpoint was running all of this rural telco gear.

The fact of the matter is that ~1.5 years ago the "collective we" had
a choice as to who should run all of this stuff:  a company that
showed no interest in upgrading any of this telco gear and really
wanted to get out of this business altogether, and another company who
wanted to get into this business but it wasn't clear that they had the
money and/or the experience to run this stuff.  This wasn't a pleasing
set of alternatives back then.

Of course, now the situation is clearly worse.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                -- Tom Waits