Ben Scott writes:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile)
> <g...@freephile.com> wrote:
> > So, you've worked out a magnificent one-liner solution to a
> > interesting and recurring task.  How do you 'remember' your solution?
>
>   They get saved in a file under $HOME/bin under an appropriate name,
> with appropriate comments.  Ideally, I turn them into a working
> "command" I can then use as needed.  (Occasionally they get turned
> into shell aliases or functions, if the mood strikes me.)

<aol>Me too!</aol>

This scheme really works for me.  For example, later this afternoon
I'm going to use a snippet of code I wrote in 2003 to analyze a ~1GB
logfile that I have been generating for over a week now.  It pays to
write clean and flexible code in the first place, and it pays to be
semi-organized as well.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                -- Tom Waits