On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Benjamin Scott <dragonh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Does such a thing exist?

In an infinite universe, everything exists.

  If not, can someone at least recommend something that's worked well
> for them on both platforms?

I can't speak to all those other specifics because the Netgear WG111 (11b/g
USB2) has always "just worked" in Ubuntu 8.04 through 9.10, even on the live
CD / installer.  I've never had to apt-get anything, let alone install some
sketch thirdparty repo like I did with the Broadcom firmware/drivers
nonsense back in the day.  I still don't think they have Broadcom just right
because an old laptop of mine with Broadcom wifi still does not work with a
fresh install of 9.10.  I'm just using it for a stationary music box, so I
do not care about wifi enough to even look into it.  In any case, be sure to
steer clear of Broadcom.

I don't remember having any trouble with the WG111 on Windows but it has
been years.  I expect newer Windows versions/service packs will run this
thing fine without any special software: maybe a new driver from windows
update, but no custom gui wifi manager crap, etc.  I just plugged it into my
XP box at work and it found drivers from windows updates, installed and
found networks without a fuss.  Ripped it out with out nicely removing it
and not blue screen yet, but I haven't see a blue screen only XP box in
years.

This might be of some help too:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported