Greetings Maddog,

On Monday 05 April 2010 11:00, Jon 'maddog' Hall wrote:
> I am writing an article for the Linux Foundation about the "10 Hot
> New OSS Projects", but because I have a warped and twisted view of
> things in the world, I know that my ideas* of "Hot, New OSS Projects"
> may be a lot different than many other people's ideas.

    Do you know Ray Barrett?  He has a very valuable OSS project
underway to supply free integrated circuit generation tools to US
semiconductor foundries.  Since it is open-source, the foundry tweeks
the software to match its processes, then makes it available for free
to the designers who wish to design ICs for fabrication there.  (I
think I got that right; it was a noisy-environment conversation.)  To
provide maintenance revenue, Ray and his partner would be available to
help designers with specific problems.

    The web site for American Research & Development is www.arndfl.com.
I think Ray lives in Merrimack, so you might want to interview him.  He
has a lot of market insight.

Jim Kuzdrall