On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 10:08 -0400, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Lloyd Kvam <pyt...@venix.com> wrote:
> > We expect to see iPads getting used by patients in hospital settings
> > filling out forms (multiple choice - little or no typing).  Earlier
> > attempts with other tablets (running Windows) proved unworkable.
>
>   I'm curious; what makes the iPad better for that than the 'doze
> tablet?  I would think a form is a form, regardless of platform.

Essentially the touch features were "bolted on".  The issues were dumb
things such as the touch area of a radio button being too small - still
sized for a mouse pointer.  It was easy for your finger to miss it.
There was poor alignment between the touch sensitive spot and the screen
image.  Screen size handling still depended on the menus or touching the
drag boundaries exactly right.  I've heard that Win7 has improved the
touch support, but I have not checked myself.  The folks at the medical
school are Apple fans anyway so once the iPad proved to be a nice
device, I don't think they saw any point in checking back on the Windows
tablets.  (I have no Droid experience.)

>   (I've only used an iPad once briefly, in a store.  I thought it
> seemed like a neat toy, but couldn't see myself spending $400 just to
> play an electronic marble maze game.)

True.

Still people buy digital picture frames, book readers, and such.  The
iPad is great at *all* of those kinds of uses.

> -- Ben

Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.
1 Court Street, Suite 378