On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Alan Johnson <a...@datdec.com> wrote:
> I vaguely remember topics like this floating around before, but since these
> things change so much I didn't see much point in digging it up.
>
> I'm looking for a new scanner/printer/copier combo and my wife wants to be
> able to print from her Android as well as our Ubuntu boxes.  Something stand
> alone (wifi) would be ideal.  I found some rave references to an Android app
> http://www.printershare.com/mobile.sdf and the pay-for version ($5) says it
> will print to wifi and bluetooth printers.  HP has a free Android app for
> their printers but it appears to only print photos, which is not what we are
> trying to accomplish.
>
> $5 is fine, but I'm hoping some on here has some direct experience with this
> software or had a better, more open, way to print from Android as well as
> some wifi printer/scanner/copier combo that is known to work well with
> either method.  All comments are welcome.

I have an HP something or other Wifi connected printer/scanner.  Paid
about $70 for it.  You need to use windoze or Mac to configure its
networking, but otherwise, its just an other network printer and works
great.  The best part is that the cartridges include the ink heads.
I've been happy with my Epson printers until their heads clog and it
becomes useless junk.

I recently installed printershare.  I've not used it much, but it
seems to work extremely well.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent
of many bad measures.   - Daniel Webster