On 1/4/2011 11:59 AM, kenta wrote:
> Along the lines getting rid of old hardware from the New Years
> Cleaning thread I've been doing some cleaning as well.
>
> What I'm trying to find is a recycler, preferably free of charge, that
> will take this legacy hardware (read: junk) off my hands.  ...
>
> Anyone know of other places to check?

We've used CRT Recycling in Brockton
(http://www.recyclingelectronics.com/). As we used them for a school, it
was free including pickup. The school had three trailer truck loads of
equipment to dispose of. So that's a lot larger scale, but I think
drop-off at Brockton used to be free too.

Freecycle has worked, but it is a fair amount of work at times.

For citizens of Bedford, NH, the town has a trailer for
computer/electronic components.