On 04/22/2011 09:41 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> Hm. I've really gotta find a way to start attending these things....
>
> I've been considering getting one (or four...) plug computers to deploy
> as part of a PulseAudio- and MPD-based whole-home audio system, where
> I've currently deployed scavenged full-scale (and full-volume...) PCs
> as a proof of concept.
>
> My original plug-computer thought was that I'd buy some USB audio-adapters
> to use with them, and then I heard about the DreamPlug coming out
> with integrated audio. So, maybe that's an option--the big question
> to which I can't find an answer is:
>
>      How's the audio quality on the DreamPlug?
I don't want to go too off-topic on this, but I've been a very happy
customer of the Logitech (formerly SlimDevices) Squeezebox series for a
number of years.  Newer models have integrated speakers and can sync
between players so you have the same music in all rooms.  The server
software is open source and there's clients for iOS and Android along
with an open web API for remote control.  They're a bit more expensive
than Plug systems, but for me it's worth the extra cost (and Logitech
sometimes has sales on refurb items).

-Mark