On 12/12/2012 10:09 AM, Tom Buskey wrote:

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM, <t.littlefi...@comcast.net <mailto:t.littlefi...@comcast.net>> wrote:

    True... but I always thought it was a massive faux pas for a
    SysAdmin to actually admit it was his mistake.  It's never the
    admin's fault, some user did something bad.  I'm sure if Ben
    reviewed the logs closely enough, he could finger point.

No, a sysadmin should never cover up mistakes. Otherwise you end up trying to troubleshoot and fix the wrong problem. We're all human and learning how these systems break (which is rarely documented, even internally) so mistakes happen.

Obviously Ben is a good sysadmin (from how well the site runs) and a great sysadmin for figuring out and exposing the root cause so it could be fixed. If any of us are running the GNHLUG mailman server, we have shared knowledge. Great sysadmins help create more sysadmins. Good ones just keep systems running.

Thanks Ben!

Agreed... I was just making a joke.

Keeping a volunteer project running is a major (and usually thankless) job. So, my most humble apologies. I did not mean to denigrate what Ben has done with the full disclosure and the tireless work on behalf of GNHLUG.

- Todd