I'm nearly sixty and have had a bunch of jobs over the decades, not all of
them IT and not all of them Linux.  So I tailor the resume to the specific
position and keep it to two pages, max.  I then expand on whatever in a
cover letter and interview, if I get one.  I've seen other peoples' resumes
and it is as you describe;  no consistency and everything from cryptic
geek-speak acronyms to web-based sound-and-video productions to eight pages
of small print listing the person's detailed life history.  I have also
help to edit/fix resumes for people and had them down to nice, concise,
informative two-page deals and then they insisted I hadn't included enough
info and gone back to their four- and six-page horrors and never got called
for an interview thereafter, because....yes....the screening HR drones
tossed them instantly.

It is also worth noting that the last stat I saw on this indicated that
there is a roughly four-percent retention and examination of resumes in
general.  The rest, 96%, are tossed.

In my half-century of experience, jobs are gotten by getting via hook or
crook to the hiring manager and showing them how you can help them/make
their job easier.  Period.

Regards from northwestern Vermont, under the F-16s