I signed up for the website called The Ladders, and paid for the membership
that gave me a resume critique.  I found that to be very helpful and I
seemed to get more interest out of it than I did my old, one page resume.

I remember some of the comments, things like:

   - You have over 12 years experience, your schooling should no longer be
   the first thing on your resume.
   - You should start with a summary about yourself, followed by skill set
   - list all of your employment with bullet lists (handy because I love
   bullet lists) about what you did, things you accomplished
   - list facts, like 'developed an integration handoff plan that cut
   integration time by 40%' or 'cut development costs by designing for reuse,
   saving the company $12 million.'
   - end with your education

now I was told that my education should be last, because it was the oldest
thing on there, I don't know if you'd want to list things like a timeline,
say if you just finished a masters or whatever.

Pretty much exactly what Brian just sent.

I've also had good luck with Linkedin

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Kenny Lussier <kluss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Not specifically Linux-related, but I was wondering what other people are
> seeing/doing with resumes these days. I have seen everything from a 2-page
> resume for someone with 20 years of experience to a 15-page resume for
> someone with 2 jobs over 3 years (it looked like the output of cat
> ~/.bash_history). How far back should a resume go? How long should it be
> before you stop reading it? I'm seeing absolutely no consistency in
> resumes, and the ones that come from recruiters seem to be the worst
> formats.
>
> C-Ya,
> Kenny

Richard Kolb II