> The reasoning was that it was now a Consortium effort and
> no single developer should get credit over another.

Oh gag me with a spoon.  Okay, fork(2).

Given all the people who've worked on C over the years, perhaps we should
declare that "C" stands for "Community."  :-)

Just to drag on the discussion...

http://freecode.com/projects/tvtwm says in part:

   Tom's Virtual Tab Window Manager (tvtwm) is a superset of the X11R5
   release of twm, initially written by Tom LaStrange. The major benefit of
   tvtwm over twm is the "Virtual Desktop". This allows you do define a
   substitute root window that is larger than your display area.

I used tvtwm at DEC/Compaq/HP.  Every time I try to configure something in
Gnome,
I think I should be getting tvtwm running.  ASCII config file.  Whadda concept.

I haven't followed this thread closely, my apologies if tvtwm has already been
brought up and disposed of.

  -Ric