Not directly related to the issue, but I thought I'd not that you don't
have to have sudo exec an su with the  "sudo su - user", you can get an
interactive shell from sudo directly: sudo -i -u user

-i says you want an interactive login shell. If you don't specify "-u
username" then it assumes root.

-Shawn