On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Lloyd Kvam <pyt...@venix.com> wrote:

> Last month my Fairpoint DSL service became horribly erratic.  The modem
> reported good DSL connections, but PPPoE just would not stay up.
> Outages sometimes persisted for days.  After three weeks of grief and
> many calls to tech support, I reluctantly switched to Comcast.

I'm glad (?) to hear it wasn't just me. I had three different technicians
visit, with the last one blaming trouble in my house, though all my
subsequent internal troubleshooting hasn't turned up anything. (The
previous two changed various line settings, moved me to a new DSLAM, and
generally blamed recent "software upgrades" in the CO.)

We're out in the boonies, so Comcast isn't an option.

Have others been having terrible problems with Fairpoint DSL recently? (At
the risk of jinxing myself, it's been slightly better over the past 2-3
weeks.)

--
Brian St. Pierre