Scratch is on lots of Raspberry distros.  I think it's moved to internet
based with the most recent version.

Lego Mindstorms (also from MIT).

I think Minecraft PI is involved in some learn to program things.

Python is also good.  There are things out there for teaching kids with
Python.

I took my 11 yr old to a makerspace for an intro to python & he was playing
with the turtle graphics.  He had/has no interest in computers beyond
playing games.  I haven't been able to get him interested in RetroPi
either.  :-(   I'll have to keep trying.