At 2022 Dec 30 Fri 05:04 PM -0500, Ted Roche <tedro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've been adminning a couple of boxes on Linode for years ...

Thanks for the detail, that's good info.

>Love 'em for ops and support, but email might not be the right platform.

The problems you describe are somewhat endemic to running any mail system, and
far more common on the VM hosts (since they, by design, make it so easy to
build new VMs and tear them down).  I'm willing to do the work if a provider is
OK with the concept in the first place.

There's also something to be said for paying to make it somebody else's
problem.  I don't think that's the right solution for me, due to reasons
including budget, as well as a desire to keep things "in-house" so I know
what's going on.  Part of the reason I do this is so I know how.

-- Ben