At 2022 Dec 30 Fri 07:46 PM -0500, Lloyd Kvam <lk...@venix.com> wrote:
> "There are several email service providers (ESP) ...

Thanks anyway, but I don't want to relay mail through someone else.  If I did,
I could stick with DO and be happy.  My reasons include:

- Budget
- Simplicity
- Visibility into the destination SMTP transaction for reasons of
   - Diagnostics
   - Statistics
   - Personal learning and experience
- Running a mail system for others makes things more interesting
- I don't have to worry about one more provider's machinations
- A desire to be in charge of my own destiny

I am in no way advocating this stance for others.  As I wrote earlier, there's
something to be said for paying to make it someone else's problem.  But *I*
don't want to do that.

> Also setting up SPF, DKIM and dmarc seemed to make a difference in the
> reliability of the email delivery.

   Yeah, that's an already-solved problem for me.  There are still big email
services that use single-decision IP-based blacklists.

-- Ben