On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:00:15 -0500
Jon maddog Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I guessed I missed the fact that the Monadlug had been such a "dynamic
> engine".

I was thinking of the past when Jerry was quite active.  It seemed much
of the energy for new things came from there a few years ago.  Overall,
the Nashua and Seacoast groups have provided the most sustained effort
at having events of interest to the members IMHO.  I think we have not
been good overall in out reach programs to the public.

> Actually, I think that the real answer is to have a strong GNHLUG
> leadership, which then makes running the local LUGS easier.

I agree conceptually.

> Brainstorming works best in a room, where people can feed off each
> other's ideas and excitement.  It is a lot harder over the net.

Totally agre with this.

> So I put the steak in the ground:
>
> Next Thursday or Friday night, or even Saturday?

I think more people will come if you put the steak on the grill and not
in the ground.

I would prefer a location around Manchester for the meeting, but Nashua
OK and Thurs or Friday, but Sat during the day would be fine.  I'll let
those with more hectic schedules/travel, etc. make the choice.  In any
event, lets do it.

Ed Lawson