On Dec 2, 2005, at 13:40, Ben Scott wrote:

  Could we make this work like ILL (Inter-Library Loan) does for
"real" libraries?  Scenario: Members volunteer to be local librarians.
 Maintain a central "card catalog" online for all of them.  If a
member in Nashua wants a book that's in Dartmouth, they let the Nashua
librarian know.  Nashua librarian arranges some exchanges.  At next
DLSLUG meeting, Dartmouth librarian gives book to someone who will be
going to Concord meeting, too.  At Concord meeting, courier gives book
to someone going to next Nashua (or whatever) meeting.

I like the idea, but I would make the contributions either explicitly available for ILL or not. I can see someone donating a book they can get when they need it with a 20 minute drive differently than if they have to wait a month or drive 2 hours to get it back if it's on ILL.

For me that would be a difference of "I'll probably never need this again" vs. "I'm not going to need this for a few months".

Lloyd has talked about implementing such a card catalogue - I imagine another field or two would enable ILL.

-Bill
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Text: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/