Ted,

Well, we always wondered what would happen if someone tried to "steal" our
name...and
the other question was "who in the world would want to do that"?

The fact that they have had it registered from 2000, yet still put in a report
in
2005 shows a long-term interest in the name, yet I (like you) have not heard of
Peter
Wells, not any of the other officers listed in the annual (which by the way is
a five
year) report.

Of course I do not know all the people in the Peterborough chapter, and it is
possible
that this guy just went out and incorporated it to "save the name" while the
rest of
the group wondered what to do next.

I have found a "Peter Wells" at that address, self-employed as an
"architect/artist".

So, since I have been attached longer than almost anyone, and actually came up
with
the name, do you want me to contact them and politely ask what gives?

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.