On Mar 07, 2007, at 22:52, Ben Scott wrote:

FYI, you replied only to me.

Yep, caught that just after sending it, but I resent to the list too. Lists that are set up w/o reply-to: as the list annoy me...

I have yet to see a recent nVidia card that wasn't dual analog (DVI-
A) and digital (DVI-D), aka DVI-I.

 At work, we've got a CAD-oriented, nVidia-based card, sold by Dell,
which only does digital out (or so the manual claims; I haven't
actually tried it).  It's a weird card, granted.  Dell-inflicted brain
damage, probably.  But worth being aware of.

Hm... The Dell nVidia Quadro cards I typically see have a DMS-59 connector that can take either a dual VGA output adapter or a dual DVI output adapter. Is that what you're referring to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-59

My workstation is a Dell Precision 490 with a Dell-provided nVidia Quadro NVS 285 with this connector, and it does indeed do both VGA and DVI. We've got several other systems from both Dell and HP with similar cards. Never seen one of these cards sold off the shelf anywhere though.

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]