On 3/7/07, Jon 'maddog' Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  But before I do that: Do we need to have the connection type on the
form?  Does VGA vs DVI vs composite, et. al., matter all that much?
(I honestly have no idea.)

For the video cards in the world there are basically two types of output
to a monitor that I have ever seen: VGA and DVI

 But a lot of tuner cards also have some kind of "TV out", which,
given the task at hand, may actually be what people want to use.
Maybe (like me) they've got a standard definition TV which can only
accept composite or S-Video (or RF tuner).  Or is that kind of thing
considered outside the scope of this effort?  In other words, are we
saying, "We'll get it working on a computer monitor, TV out is too
much for one day"?  Either way is fine by me, but we should be clear
on what our own goals are.

There are adapters that will convert DVI to VGA ...

 It's actually more complicated than that.  The DVI connector has
pins for both "classic" analog VGA, and the new digital signals.
Those "connector adapters" just bring the analog signal out to a DE-15
connector.  This would be academic except the standard allows a
"DVI-D", digital only, variant.  So not all video cards with a DVI
connector can be hooked up to an analog VGA monitor.  Most can, but
not all.

I think that 1700 makes a good "ending time",

 5:00 PM it is.  ;-)

-- Ben