Greetings Executives and Decision Makers,

    1. We agreed (if I remember correctly) at the last MerriLUG that we
should have a 20 December meeting.
    2. We further agreed not to engage a speaker because December may be
a full calendar for some who might want to attend.
    3. Taking a chance on getting the lecture room at Martha's for free
is risky.  We would not know until the last minute.
    4. I would be willing to throw in some money for a meeting place -
beyond the food cost - if enough others would join in a similar pledge
and if a suitable place could be found for the amount pledged.
    5. Martha's is probably too expensive, but once the pledge money is
determined, we could ask.
    6. Alternatively, how about a pizza shop with a "function room" or
quiet nook?  The meeting would be built around a Christmas pizza party
and "My favorite <fill> is because...".
    7. Would beer be an absolute necessity? (silly question, I know.)
    8. Who would take responsibility for finding a place?
    9. I open with a pledge of $30.

Jim Kuzdrall