Hi all,

Thanks for the help setting up the htpasswd thing yesterday.  I now have
another authentication question, this one probably more difficult :)

I have, in the protected directory, created a symlink to another directory,
which is NFS automounted.  This directory, since it is accessible to the world
via NFS, must be protected using Unix permissions.  However, there is stuff in
this directory which I need accessible via the web.  How do I make this
symlink/subdirectory accessible to only a certain group of people via the web
without compromising the Unix permissions on the real directory structure?

I've though of copying the data, but that gets out of hand rather quickly, and
tends to lead towards one of the 2 locations getting out of date, which is why
I'd rather just follow a symlink to the location :)

Any hints would be great, thanks a lot!

--

Seeya,
Paul