I'm trying to get GTK-Transcript operating, and have a problem with the
libraries.  It loads its libraries to /usr/local/lib on install, which strikes
me as a good place to put non-distro libraries (save /usr/lib for the main
ones).  However, when I start the program, it can't find its main library
(libgtrans_ifase.so.0).  ldd shows that it's not managing to link it.  Running
ldd on several programs, it looks like the system is not looking at
/usr/local/lib to find libraries. How do I tell the system to use /usr/local/lib
as well as /usr/local?  I know it is probably a simple config issue, but I can't
figure it out, and my reference books are all at home.

jeff smith