Tome:

Not sure about Turbo Linux Server, but I would be happy to set up a
server for them using Linux.  Turbo is a derivative of Red Hat, I
think, and I would personally use RH to do it.
I can set up the file and print sharing and I could set up a calender
and discussion group website on the machine.

Do they need distributed internet access?
Web server?
Mail server?

All relatively easily done.  Assuming hardware is OK would take around
three hours.  I can install the basic stuff in about one hour.

Let me know.  Many others around who can do this too.

To see other directories via samba you need to edit the samba config
file which is maybe located in the /etc directory.  The docs and
examples in the existing config file will point you in the right
direction.  If you can see your personal directory then i assume you
have no issue with encrypted passwords from the NT box.

Ed Lawson