On 28 Jun, Paul Lussier wrote:

> In a message dated: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:22:57 EDT
> Stephen Ryan said:
>
>>Hey, I've heard that there are only two kinds of system administrators:
>>Those who have accidentally done (the moral equivalent of) rm -rf /, and
>>those who have not yet done so.
>
> Well, sort of.
>
>       There are those sysadmins who have accidently done
>       (the moral equivalent of) rm -rf /
>
>       And there are those who lie about it :)

:-)

>>Excuse me, I'm off to run another backup.
>
> You're offsite'ing those too, right?

Of course.

Two stage backup - first stage to a backup server, second stage onto
AIT;  tape media stored off-site weekly, moving to daily after we move
everyone else onto AIT (they're currently on DAT, one drive per
machine, but that doesn't work with iMacs....)

--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian GNU/Linux
Technology Coordinator