Kurth Bemis wrote:

[snip]

> as far as i know there shouldn't be anything on that port.  I checked out
> all the normal places...inetd, rcx.d every for something that might
> indicate a deamon or something on that port.....nothing.....does anyone
> have any ideas?

Questions such as this have come up a couple times recently and the most
frequent (and until now, most useful) response has been use lsof and
grep for the port number.  Now there's an easier solution.  8)

Announced on freshmeat: a perl script by the name of pidport.  I believe
it goes through /proc and finds what ports processes have open.  It's a
wonderfully handy little tool.  You want it.  Go download it now.  8)

--
"IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!"

Cole Tuininga
Network Admin
Code Energy, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]