Derek Martin wrote:

> I've had this thing since the 660C came out (technically it's a 660Cse,
> which I think means I got some extra paper included or something).  After
> about the third time I changed the cartridges, it started to, well, suck.
> Cleaning and realigning the heads did absolutely nothing, and printing
> quality was bad under both Linux and MS [poor excuse for] operating
> systems.  Every page I print has streaks at the top and bottom of the
> print head.

Derek,

I have the 600C and had a similar experience.  After searching the Internet I
found my solution.  Unfortunately, I don't remember where so I'll have to just
tell you in my own words.  Although maybe you've already tried this:

Ink gets left in various places and has been the cause of all of my poor
printing problems.  The two big areas are the bottom side of the cartridge
cradle where the ink build up can smear on the page, and the rubber squeegee
near the power-off resting pad, where ink can actually get spread across the
non-printing part of the head and then smear on the page.  I just us a Q-tip
and water and this has always cleared up my problems.  I also clean the
cartridge itself, but be careful not to mess up the jets, at which point I
ended up with white streaks caused by some of the jets not printing.

I hope this helps.

Larry