Benjamin Scott wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Jeffry Smith wrote (edited for content):
> > 1.  What _I_ would like to hear:
> > Businesses using linux
> > Converting NT to Linux
>
>   I think I could contribute something to this/these topic(s).  Here at NTI,
> we're specializing in grass roots world domination.  ;-)  My current job
> involves quite a bit of selling, planning, deploying and maintaining Linux in
> SOHO and small business situations.  We've got a real good idea of what sells
> small businesses on Linux over NT.  We also have got lots of practical
> experience and several good case studies.  In addition, I have to maintain my
> share of Microsoft Windows NT and Novell NetWare servers, so I have fresh
> experience with the strengths and weaknesses of each.
>
>   If anyone is willing to get together with me to plan some sort of
> presentation on this topic, please take up the discussion on the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] "GNHLUG Organization" list.  I have set the "Reply-To"
> header appropriately.
>
> --

OK, let's start planning.  I've got the NUN stuff I did & a couple of
presentations about Linux in general.  We've also collected some
selling point stuff here (MCLX) about Linux market.  What I think
would be great would be a case study kind of thing, sort of a step by
step from deciding to use linux, through replacing NT file & print
servers with Linux / Samba, Exchange with sendmail/exim/qmail, etc.
Also cover typical problems, where to go for help, support contracts,
etc.

Hm.  Sounding like more than an hour.  Maybe break it down into some
smaller pieces?

--
jeff smith