On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, James R. Van Zandt wrote:
>> They don't include Netscape on *any* of the *three* CDs that come
>> with the "Official" distribution.
>
> I found this on the third CD of my set from Linux Central:
> /cdrom/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/web/mozilla_M14-2.deb

  No you didn't.  You found Mozilla.  Netscape doesn't exist on the three
"Official" Debian CDs.  (Well, that's not entirely true.  A "netscape-base"
package is on disc two, but it just seems to contain a few tweaks for Debian.
The vast bulk of the package must be downloaded.)  And calling Mozilla M14
"stable" is a bit of a stretch, too.

  It is too bad Mozilla M18 wasn't around for Debian 2.2.  While earlier
builds were still pretty shaky, I've moved to Mozilla for all my regular
browsing now, and I'm very happy overall.  One of the big improvements was the
fact that they got rid of that horrid "Blue Chrome" interface they had before.

  I still keep Netscape 4.76 around for Java and SSL, though.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>