[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  I would also like to hear something on LINUX security (for Newbies). I
>  understand that we have some experts in this area who write to this list.
If

>  I am going to put my LINUX box on the net I don't want to be having to
wipe
>  the drive and reinstall every other day. So this topic could give me a
>  fighting chance to avoid the afore mentioned situation.

This topic is tentatively scheduled for the central LUG for January.
The main problem is deciding what to cram into just an hour or two.
The topic can (& does) fill week (or semester) long courses.
What parts/aspects of security are most interesting to all of you?

Bob Sparks
Never attribute to malice, that which can be explained by stupidity.
Never attribute to stupidity, that which can be explained by lack of
information.